Over the years, skin gets thinner, drier, loses elasticity and these changes combined with exposure to dirt, make-up, pollution and UV rays, result in hindering the skin’s ability to renew itself. But it's never too late to prevent further damage and reverse some of these changes by switching your skincare routine.
You may have already started changing some of your products to suit ageing skin, but without proper cleansing and exfoliating, it is difficult for creams, sunscreens, and serums to penetrate layers of your skin and take effect.
Which is why the first change should be made in the shower. Commercial bar soaps and shower gels can contain ingredients that will dry out your skin and could be missing some natural moisturizing elements in favour of longer shelf lives. Skin care experts agree that soaps made with the cold process method are far more beneficial to cleanse, exfoliate and moisturize ageing skin.
WHAT ARE COLD PROCESS SOAPS?
Dating back to centuries, the cold process method mixes oils with lye and natural ingredients to cause ‘saponification’ (creation of soap). No external heat is used during this process which helps maintain the therapeutic properties of the soap. Curing and drying of cold processed soaps can take anywhere between 4-6 weeks.
BENEFITS OF COLD PROCESS SOAPS
- DEEP MOISTURIZING - Glycerin is a natural by-product of the saponification process and is a humectant, meaning it attracts moisture to your skin.
- MADE WITH NATURAL INGREDIENTS – Free of harmful chemical surfactants that are found in commercial soaps, shampoos and detergents. This ensures that even sensitive skin won’t get irritated or break out.
- MAINTAINS QUALITY OF INGREDIENTS – External heat usually degrades the quality of ingredients. However, lack of external heat during the cold saponification process helps retain the antioxidant, anti-inflammatory or other therapeutic properties of ingredients. Cold process soaps are also usually handmade in small batches which ensures a much more stringent degree of quality control.
- RICH LUXURIOUS LATHER – Addition of rich plant oils and butters creates a creamy lather that’s great for penetrating layers of the skin and for deep moisturization.
- BIODEGRADABLE – Cold processed soaps break down naturally and don’t pollute the environment because they don’t contain synthetic ingredients which usually take years to decompose.
AMAZING GREYS COLD PROCESSED HANDMADE BATHING BARS
Specially formulated for dry, ageing skin.
These luxurious cold-processed handmade bathing bars are packed with anti-inflammatory & antioxidant properties to exfoliate, detoxify, invigorate, deeply moisturise, and soothe dry, ageing skin.
· Gently exfoliates dead cells
· Deeply cleanses & detoxifies
· Tones & strengthens skin
· Rehydrates dry skin
· Energises & rejuvenates
No Parabens – No Mineral Oil – No Artificial Colours – Vegan – Not Tested on Animals – Biodegradable – Suitable for All Skin Types